Friday, December 20, 2013

Bouclé zipped cardi

knitted boucle zipped sweater passap
I planned to knit a zipped cardigan to my daughter because I had this purple-gray no-name bouclé yarn in my stash. I thought it would be perfect to experiment with the zipped front.
(Bouclé yarn is a nightmare: I had several dropped stitches on the right side. Luckily they do not run down… :-P )
The design is as simple as possible: straight body and set in sleeves with long (upturnable) ribbed cuffs. Of course I had forgot to add 2 more centimetres to the fronts (I had not wanted a band) - so I had to rehung the fronts to the machine and knit 8 additional rows. But the issue ended surprisingly nicely: the zipper fitted the band almost perfectly. Next time I knit CX-CX (tubular) so the zipper will be covered in both side - this will be the perfect solution.
In the end the research resulted a very wearable cardigan (although I think that the neckline a bit too wide and next time I kit the sweater definitely longer)
And my daughter love it very much.

Mivel az elfekvő fonalaim között volt ez a - lányom számára tökéletes - lila-szürka bouclé fonal, terveztem, hogy kötök neki egy zippzáros kardigánt. Úgy gondoltam ez kiváló alkalom lesz a zippzár bevarrásával kísérletezni.
(A bouclé fonal különben egy rémálom: egy csomószor estek le a szemek a jobb oldalon. Még szerencse, hogy nem szaladtak végig... :-P )
A minta olyan egyszerű amennyire csak lehet: egyenes vonalú törzs, egyenes bevarrott ujjak, bordás, visszahajtható mandzsettával. Hát persze, hogy elfelejtettem plusz 2 cm-t hozzáadni az elejéhez (eredetileg nem akartam pántot) - így vissza kellett rakni a gépre és kötni még 8 sort. Viszont az eredmény meglepően jó lett: a zippzár majdnem tökéletesen illeszkedik a plusz pánthoz. Legközelebb CX-CX beállítással (csőkötés) kötöm, így a zippzár mindkét oldalról be lesz vonva - ez lenne a legjobb megoldás.
A kísérletezés végeredménye egy teljesen hordható kardigán lett (habár a nyakkör egy kicsit túl széles és legközelebb hosszabbra kötöm).
És a lányom nagyon szereti.

knitted boucle zipped sweater passap

knitted boucle zipped sweater passap

knitted boucle zipped sweater passap


1 comment:

  1. It's very pretty! The zip can be made to lie flatter (no waves) by stabilising the band with interfacing first so it doesn't stretch when you sew the zip in. Not that anyone would notice though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...